- Assistant Classroom Teacher
Head Start, Even Start, or First Steps.
- Lead Teachers
Licensed and/or accredited privately-owned programs.
- Child Care Associate
(Community services) such as YMCA child care programs or (Business services) such as employer-owned child care programs.
- Director of Licensed Child Care Center
Up to 20 children
More Credentials Possible at MAC
After completing your Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential at MAC, consider increasing your education, qualifications and earning potential with additional certifications or a degree from MAC. If a bachelor’s degree is on your to-do list, Central Methodist University is conveniently located on the Park Hills campus, or take advantage of one of the many other universities with which MAC has credit transfer agreements.
- Director Certification
- Associate of Applied Science in Child Development
- Associate of Arts in Teaching
- Bachelor of Science in Child Development
Central Methodist University (on campus)
Classes begin August 19 and last 16 weeks.
You may qualify for significant financial assistance. For more information on the CDA Program and how to qualify for grants and scholarships contact Jennifer Sikes by phone at (573) 518-2197 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few classes and some work experience is required before pursuing your CDA.
These courses are available at Mineral Area College and may also be available in local high schools.
- ECE1040 Health, Safety and Nutrition
- ECE1020 Guiding Alternatives for Young Children
- ECE 1000 Introduction to EC Education
- ECE106 CDA Credential Prep
- 480 Hours Field/Work Experience in Child Care or Related Field