Masks are required in campus buildings.
- Students and employees will be asked to provide their own masks, or one washable mask will be provided from the student services office.
- Masks are not required outside if social distancing can be maintained.
- College Park residents will be required to wear masks in common spaces. Masks will not be required within their own living units.
- Students who choose not to wear masks will be asked to leave campus or be subject to the student discipline process.
- Students will not be permitted in class without a mask. Any student who refuses to leave class will be counted absent for the day and be reported to the Dean of Students.
- Masks are not required if an individual is alone in their office.
- It is preferred that faculty use clear face masks while teaching. Clear masks will be provided.
- Faculty may remove their masks while teaching if they meet the following requirements:
- They are at least 8 feet from any student, or behind a protective shield.
- They clean the teaching station after they are finished using it for each non-consecutive course. If the instructor has back-to-back courses they are not required to clean as long as they are the only one using the station and clean the teaching station once leaving the classroom.
- They wear their mask until they get to the teaching station and put it back on any time they leave the teaching station or a student approaches.