Under grants made available through the Missouri A+ Schools Program, qualified graduates of participating high schools are eligible for scholarship grants to be used at participating Missouri community colleges and vocational/technical schools, or certain private two-year vocational/technical schools.
The program covers the cost of college tuition and common fees, minus any Pell grants or non-loan federal aid. Students must fulfill A+ Program requirements at the high school before applying for the A+ grants. The Financial Aid Director at MAC serves as the A+ coordinator for the college. You can find MAC's A+ Program Policy on the Financial Aid page under "Financial Aid Policies."
For the latest information, visit the official Missouri A+ Scholarship website.
To continue to qualify and remain eligible for A+ funding while studying at MAC, students should:
- Annually file a FAFSA and include MAC in the Federal School Code section (MAC Federal School Code is 002486)
- Complete an A+ Activation Form on MyMAC each semester after enrolling
- Maintain and complete full-time enrollment (at least 12 credit hours) in a program leading to a degree or certificate
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00* at the end of the first semester
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50* at the end of each subsequent semester
- Complete at least 67% of all coursework (cumulatively)
*Grades earned from high school dual credit coursework will not be factored in calculating cumulative GPA for the purposes of A+ eligibility.
Students will lose A+ eligibility when they fail to meet any of the above requirements. The most common scenarios for losing A+ eligibility are:
- Not completing at least 12 credit hours in a semester
- Earning a cumulative GPA below 2.50
- Receiving an "I" or "W" grade in a class
- Students on A+ suspension are not eligible for an appeal
Reinstatement of Eligibility
Things happen. A+ students who have lost eligibility can reinstate their benefits if they:
- Enroll in subsequent terms and (depending on the student's situation) increase their GPA to at least 2.50 and/or earn sufficient credit hours for full-time status
- Notify the Financial Aid Office in writing that they want to reinstate their A+ benefits
Students are responsible for all costs incurred during terms of enrollment in which reinstatement is being sought.
Students with Disabilities
The number of credit hours required for full-time attendance may be adjusted for students with disabilities.
- Students are still required to maintain a 2.50 or higher cumulative GPA
- Other accommodations may be made as deemed appropriate
- Students must contact and meet with someone in the Access Office
A+ Scholarship funding covers:
- Student support fees
*The tuition amount eligible for reimbursement is capped and subject to change annually. The maximum reimbursement rate is announced in late spring or early summer each year by the Missouri Department of Higher Education. For the latest rate, visit https://dhewd.mo.gov/ppc/grants/aplusscholarship.php.
A+ Scholarship funding does NOT cover certain items like:
- Lab fees
- Web fees
- Hybrid fees
- Course fees
- Other fees
- Repeated courses
- Dropped courses
- High school dual credit courses
- Withdrawn or Incomplete courses above the credit hours required for full-time status each semester