Certified Medication Technician
82 Program Hours
66 classroom/16 clinical
January 7-February 26, 2023
- Classroom Instruction and Lab Practice
Classes meet every Saturday, plus 3 Sundays
9 am-5 pm
- 2 days of Clinical Rotations
Times of the clinical rotations are at the discretion of the employer partners.
Course Topics Include:
- Basic review of body systems and medication effect on each system
- Medical terminology
- Infection control
- Medication classifications
- Safe medication administration
- Insulin administration
After successful course completion, students will take the Certified Medication Technician and Insulin Certification exams.
Qualfied applicants must
- Be a current CNA with at least 6 months of experience
- Provide a letter of recommendation from their DON or Administrator
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Pass background and drug screens.
- 66 classroom hours of instruction
- 16 clinical hours of experience
- Drug test
- Family Safety background check
- Lab fees
- One Certification Exam
Students are responsible for procuring and providing proof of:
- Flu vaccine
- Covid-19 vaccine
- MMR vaccine or a Titer proving prior exposure
- 2 step TB Test
* Students may drop a program three (3) business days before the start date and receive a full tuition refund. Incurred costs associated with the class will not be refunded, such as background checks, drug tests, or other supplies or textbooks that were not returned unopened. Students who drop after the 3-day grace period are not eligible for a refund.
Full funding available for many students!
Scholarships or financial assistance available to those who qualify. Please contact us to learn about options.
Misty Weston, RN
Health Care Instructor