College can be an exciting time filled with change and new experiences, but can also be overwhelming. When the pressures of school, home, and work increase, we're here to provide support.
Our licensed professional counselor provides free and confidential consultation and short-term counseling services to currently enrolled students. At the MAC Counseling Center, you'll have a safe space to address personal, social, and emotional issues, and our counselor can help you learn skills to manage current and future challenges.
If long-term therapy is more appropriate, our counselor can provide referrals for an off-campus provider.
For appointments, contact
Sarah Barks, M.Ed, LPC
Located in Student Services
Drop-ins may be accommodated when the counselor is available, but appointments are encouraged and preferred.
CMU Clinical Counseling Center
Free virtual counseling is available for all MAC students and employees through a partnership with Central Methodist University (CMU). The center is staffed with interns from the CMU clinical counseling program who are under the supervision of a licensed professional counselor. Clients must be in Missouri at the time of scheduled appointments.
To schedule an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Hours during the Fall and Spring semesters:
- Mondays: 9am - 4pm
- Tuesdays: 11am - 7pm
- Wednesdays: 9 am - 7 pm
- Thursdays: 9 am - 2 pm
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please contact 911 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline by calling or texting 988.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 (TALK)
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741741
- Life Crisis Services (LCS): 314-647-4357
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ): 1-866-488-7386
- Kids Under Twenty One (KUTO): 1-888-644-5886
- Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: 988
- Domestic Violence Support: 1-800-799-7233 (SAFE)
- Veterans Crisis Line: Dial 988, then Press 1
- Veterans Crisis Text Line: Text 838255
- Warmlines: http://www.warmline.org
Looking for Career Counseling? Visit our Career Services page.