Watch the Graduation Seminar Video here!
Diploma and Certificate Application Process
To be eligible for graduation from Mineral Area College, a student must adhere to the following:
- File an Application for Graduation with the Registrar’s Office during the first two weeks of the fall or spring semester or during the first week of the 8-week summer term. Mineral Area College does not automatically confer certificates or degrees upon completion of curriculum requirements. Meeting graduation requirements is the student’s responsibility. Students are encouraged to be familiar with the catalog and program requirements and to work with their academic advisor in selecting courses.
- Submit a one-time, non-refundable processing fee which is due at the time of application.
- Complete the exit examination. The results are used to measure graduates’ progress and the effectiveness of Mineral Area College’s curriculum.
- Career and Technical degree candidates (Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Science and Certificate completers) are required to complete a graduation interview form in the Career Services office or an electronic copy in MyMAC under quick links.
- Meet all requirements of the degree/certificate program as outlined in the college catalog, with the last 15 semester hours earned at MAC.
- Earn a minimum institutional and cumulative GPA of 2.0; 2.75 minimum for AAT students.
- Resolve all financial obligations to the college and return all library and college materials.
Call the Registrar’s Office at (573) 518-2119 if you have questions about graduation or e-mail email@example.com.
Be proud of your accomplishments!
The Mineral Area College Commencement ceremony is held annually in May for students completing an AA, AAT, AGS, AAS and AS degrees. At the ceremony, faculty, staff, family, and friends come together to recognize and honor academic achievements.
Students who graduate in the previous Summer, Fall, and current Spring semesters are eligible to participate in the ceremony. There is no additional fee to participate in the May Ceremony.
When you fill out your Graduation Application, you can indicate Yes or No if you want to walk at the Commencement Ceremony in May. The form will ask for your measurements so that we can order your cap and gown.
If you indicate yes and then decide not to walk, please email
Commencement Information and Dates
Questions about Commencement? Email commencement@MineralArea.edu or call Lisa Johnson, Commencement Coordinator at (573) 518-2100.
Issuance of Diplomas
Participation in the graduation ceremony is allowed prior to verification of completion of final courses. Diploma and certificate covers are distributed at the May graduation ceremony. The actual degree or certificate is posted to the official transcript and the certificate or diploma is released after final degree audits have been completed and all degree requirements have been verified by the Registrar. Diplomas and certificates will be mailed to the address indicated on the Application for Graduation.
Diplomas and certificates for August graduates will be mailed by the appropriate dean’s office after the summer term. Diplomas and certificates for December graduates are mailed after the fall semester.
In compliance with the Student-Right-To-Know and Campus Security Act of 1991, the college’s graduation rate is available from Student Services and is printed annually in the Student Handbook. For information about the Graduation Rate contact Dean Julie Sheets at (573) 518-2154 or e-mail jsheets@MineralArea.edu.
Degree and Certificate Time Limits
Students planning to earn a Mineral Area College certificate or degree need to meet requirements of the catalog in effect when first enrolled or of any subsequent catalog. Students who discontinue enrollment in two consecutive semesters, summer excluded, will be required to follow the catalog in effect upon their return to Mineral Area College.