Registration + Registrar


Students may not add a course during the fall or spring term after it has met twice (once for summer term). Students may add online courses during the first three days of a 16-week term (first day for a summer term). Students who attend a class without officially registering or following prescribed procedures for adding a class will not receive credit for that class.

Students can register for a class by using the Add/Drop Courses link under the Registration tab in MyMAC.

Students may be dropped administratively, such as for non-attendance. All faculty may officially drop a student for excessive absence or lack of participation after two weeks of consecutive absences based on the course syllabus which occur during the first 75 percent of the semester or term. Students will not be dropped for non-attendance after 75 percent of a term or session is completed. The administrative withdrawal does not remove any financial obligations incurred for the class.

Student ID/Password

  • Students may retrieve student ID and password information on the MyMAC page under the Login Information and Online Resources heading.
  • Students can access MyMAC at
  • For additional assistance, contact the HelpDesk at 573-518-3850 or email

College Park

Financial Aid

  • Assistance with completing your FAFSA, information on FSA ID, deadlines scholarship forms, FAQ, and additional financial aid information can be found at
  • For additional assistance, contact the Financial Aid department at

Advisors Will Help You Register for Classes

  • Log into MyMAC, click on the ‘Registration’ tab, and scroll down to the ‘My Advisor and Major’ heading to see your advisor’s name.
  • Use the blue link titled ‘Advisor Email’ to retrieve your advisor’s email address.

Veteran Benefits

Disability Support Services – Access Office

MAC Store

  • Rent or purchase your textbooks and get supplies with schedule.
  • Get your MAC student ID and MAC gear.
  • Order textbooks, merchandise, and get textbook buyback information at


  • Contact the Mineral Area College Registrar’s Office at (573) 518-2130 or 2204, or email

Watch this tutorial video for a step-by-step guide on Next Steps After Admission:

The college reserves the right to cancel classes from time to time due to unforeseen circumstances such as insufficient class enrollments, the availability of qualified instructors and/or appropriate facilities. Each student who enrolls in a class, which is later cancelled, will have an opportunity to add a class as noted on the College’s Academic Calendar. When the student does not drop the cancelled class, the college can, without consent of the student, drop the student from the class. Any fee amount due to the student resulting from the cancelled class will be posted to the student’s account and federal financial aid will be adjusted as required by regulations.

A student may officially drop or withdraw from the class within the prescribed time allowed for dropping or withdrawing from a class as noted on the important dates calendar. The date on which the student drops or withdraws from class impacts the amount of refund to which the student may be entitled.

The responsibility of officially withdrawing from a class rests with the student. Any informal arrangements made with instructors or other college staff members may result in a failing grade as well as financial liability for all charges incurred for the course. Unless otherwise indicated for specific programs, students may officially withdraw from a 16-week course up to the 13th week of the semester. From the beginning of the 14th week through the end of the 16th week, students will not be permitted to withdraw from a class and must accept the grade earned.

Students can drop a course by electronically completing the Student Drop form under the Registration tab in MyMAC.

Enrollment Verification forms may be submitted electronically through MyMAC under the student tab. Current semester enrollment verification will not be released until classes have been in session for one week.

Annual FERPA Notification

Notification of Student Rights Provided by
the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) provides certain rights to students with respect to their education records.  Those rights are as follows:

The right to inspect and review the education record within 45 days of the day the College receives a request for access.

Students should submit a written request to the Registrar’s Office identifying the record(s) they wish to inspect.  The Registrar will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected.  Mineral Area College provides web access to student records through our student portal, MyMAC, at, provided the student has established a password allowing access.  Inspection of paper documents housed in the Registrar’s Office may be conducted in the Registrar’s Office located in the Arts & Sciences Building, First Floor, in Student Services on the Park Hills campus.

The right to request amendment of the education record if the student believes the record is inaccurate or misleading.

Students may ask the College to amend a record believed to be inaccurate or misleading.  The student should submit the written request to the Registrar and clearly identify the part of the record that is believed to be inaccurate or misleading.  The student should specify why the information is inaccurate or misleading.  If the College decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the College will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his/her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment.  Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided in the form of notification to the student.

The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s educational record, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.

One exception that permits disclosure without consent is a disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests.  A school official is a person employed by the College in an administrative, supervisory, or support staff position (including the Mineral Area College Police Department).  Additionally, a person or company with whom the College has contracted is considered a school official for this purpose; i.e. the College Attorney, an auditor, collection agent, Board of Trustees member, student serving on an official committee, student assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks.

A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility.  Upon request, the College discloses educational records without consent to officials of another school in which a student seeks or intends to enroll.

The right to file a complaint with the United States Department of Education concerning alleged failure of the College to comply with the requirements of FERPA.

The name and address of the office that administers FERPA is the Family Compliance Office, United States Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue, SW., Washington DC 20202-5920

Privacy and Release of Student Record Information/Directory Information

Release of student record information is generally not allowed by Mineral Area College without written consent from the student.  FERPA allows certain exceptions to the release of student record information including designated directory information, emergency situations, subpoenas, court orders, and a legitimate educational ‘need to know’ for appropriate faculty or staff.

Directory information includes the following and may be released without the student's consent: name, address, telephone number, date of birth, photo, major or field of study, MAC email, dates of attendance, enrollment status, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of members of athletic teams, degree(s) or certificate(s) awarded (including dates), awards received, and previous educational institution(s) attended.

Students have the right to restrict the release of directory information by submitting a Request to Restrict Directory Information form, available online or in the Registrar’s Office. The restriction will apply to all who inquire with the exceptions below:

According to FERPA, the College may release information without the student’s written consent to the following:

  • School officials, as identified by the College, determined by the College to have a legitimate educational interest in the student information
  • Officials of other institutions to which the student seeks enrollment
  • Persons or organizations providing financial aid to the student or determining financial aid decisions
  • Accrediting organizations carrying out their accrediting functions
  • A parent of a student who has established that the student is a dependent according to the IRS Code of 1986, Section 152
  • Persons in compliance with a judicial order or a lawfully issued subpoena
  • Persons in an emergency situation, if the knowledge of the information is necessary to protect the health or safety of the student or other persons

It should be noted that if a student asks that directory information be withheld, it will be withheld from a variety of sources, including: the student, friends, relatives, prospective employers, honor societies, and the news media. Students are advised to carefully consider the consequences if they decide to withhold directory information. Information regarding previous dates of attendance, degrees and awards, and previous educational agencies or institutions attended is always considered releasable.

If a student wishes to remove the directory information restriction, he/she must do so in writing to the Registrar’s Office. If a student does not specifically ask that directory information be withheld, the college will presume he/she approves the disclosure of directory information.

Information to Military Recruiters

The Solomon Amendment to FERPA requires the College, upon request, to provide “student recruiting information” on any currently enrolled student who is at least 17 years old to any branch of the armed services.  “Student recruiting information” is defined by federal law as name, address, telephone numbers, age or date of birth, class level, degrees received, major, most recent educational institution attended.  Recruiters must submit their requests in writing to the Registrar’s Office.

Questions regarding Mineral Area College’s compliance with FERPA may be directed to the Registrar’s Office at or 573-518-2119.

Revised October 2022

What is Missouri Reverse Transfer?
The process of allowing college students or former college students who have completed credits for an associate’s degree to receive that degree even if they have transferred to a different college or university, or stopped out of higher education altogether.

Missouri has moved forward with a statewide policy to help more Missourians earn a degree.

More detailed information can be found at the Missouri Department of Higher Education.

What are the Benefits?

  • Earn your Associates Degree while pursuing your bachelor’s degree
  • Possible Career Advancement with earned associate degrees
  • Qualify for More Jobs
  • A degree can help you earn more money
  • Possibly meet general education requirements at your four-year transfer institution

Are you eligible?
You must have earned a minimum of 15 credit hours at a single two-year institution to be eligible for a reverse transfer degree. Students are not eligible for the program if they currently possess an associate degree or higher.

How does Mineral Area College help you with Reverse Transfer?

Mineral Area College will work with students to help send transcripts to our partner institutions in order to facilitate the reverse transfer process.

Mineral Area College Reverse Transfer Coordinator
Connie Holder, Registrar
Phone: 573-518-2119

Four-year Colleges and RTC Contact
MRT Coordinator Contact List

Do you have questions? 
Get your answers from your campus Reverse Transfer Coordinator or through our FAQ.

What do you need to do to participate in Reverse Transfer?
Missouri Reverse Transfer is set up so that you, as the student, do not have to do a lot of work. MAC wants this to be seamless and easy. By completing the Missouri Reverse Transfer Opt-In form, you not only apply to be considered for graduation at MAC, you also grant permission for MAC and your four-year school to exchange your transcripts. Please return this form to the Reverse Transfer Coordinator at the email address, fax number, or mailing address on the form.

Q: When will fall, spring or summer course offerings and registration be available?

A: Fall courses are available to search online mid-March with registration beginning the end of March.

Spring and summer courses are available to search online mid-October. Spring registration will begin the end of October and summer registration will begin the end of February.


Q: What if my field of study has changed?

A: Complete a Change Field of Study/Enrollment Status Form under the Student tab in MyMAC.

Q: If I have changed my field of study will I be assigned a different faculty advisor?

A: Yes. The name of your new advisor will be shown in MyMAC under the “My Advisor and Major” section under the Registration tab in MyMAC.

Q: When does my faculty advisor have office hours?

A: You can find faculty office hours on the homepage of our website, under the Faculty and Staff tab.

Q: How can I view my mid-term, final grades, and unofficial transcript?

A: You will log into MyMAC, go to the Student tab and you will click on a link on the left that says, “Unofficial transcript and grade report”. You will then see two links on the right hand side, one for final grades and one for mid-term grades. In the center column of this page you will have a link to view your unofficial transcript. You can always view/print your transcript from this screen. The best printable version can be obtained by scrolling to the bottom of the transcript and clicking on the PDF icon that says, “Custom transcript”.

Q: Where can I find my MyMAC student ID number and password information?

A: Your MAC student ID# is available from the MyMAC page at Click on “Access MyMAC, Email and Network User Name/ID”, enter your SS number (no hyphens) and click Generate Report. The 5 or 6 digit ID number will be displayed in a new window. This ID number becomes your User Name for log-in purposes.

To access your passwords, go to the MyMAC page. Click on “Access your Password”, enter the last 4 digits of your social, ID number and year of birth then click Generate Report. Your password will be displayed in a new window. After logging into your MyMAC account you can then change your password by clicking on Personal Info in the log-in box and clicking on the tab “Password”. The password must be at least 8 characters.

Q: Where can I get a copy of a degree plan so that I can make certain I am taking the coursework I need to graduate?

A: On the homepage of the website, click on Programs then select the appropriate link for your degree.

Q: How can I run a degree audit?

A: You will log into your MyMAC account and click on the “Student Tab”. The degree audit link will be on the left side of the screen. The audit will run based on your current degree and major in our system.

Q: Where can I find information about tuition payment deadlines?

A: This information is in the Registration guide under Payment Policy. It can also be found under the “My Account Tab” in MyMAC.

Q: What is the deadline for submitting an Application for Graduation Candidacy?

A: Graduation applications for the fall and spring semesters are due in the Registrar’s Office by the end of the second week of the semester. Applications for the summer semester are due by the end of the first week of the semester. You are welcome to turn in your application at any time after you have registered for your last semester of classes.

Q: How can I request my final transcript?

A: You will need to complete an electronic transcript request form through the Mineral Area College Website. Click here to be directed to the transcript request page.

Q: Can I web register if I want to audit a class?

A: No, you have to paper register if you plan to audit a class.

Q: How do I register for an independent study course?

A: You must paper register for any independent study course. Department Chair and Instructor written approvals are needed for an independent study course.

Q: When can I purchase textbooks?

A: Textbook information is available on our website under the Bookstore tab.

Q: What should I do if I register early and decide not to attend MAC?

A: You need to complete a “Withdrawal/Exit Form” and submit it to the Business or Registrar’s Office. This form is available at the Park Hills campus and any Outreach center. Failure to complete this form will result in you being liable for fees and may result in “F” being recorded on your permanent record. If you cannot travel to a campus, email

Q: Whom do I contact if I have any difficulties with registration or have questions about registration?

A: Email: or call 573-518-2119. Office hours are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm during the spring and fall semesters and 8:00 am to 3:00 pm during the summer semester.

Note: Registration for courses is subject to change if prerequisites are not met. Mineral Area College reserves the right to cancel any class not having sufficient enrollment.

Registration for fall courses begins in March, summer course registration begins in February and spring course registration begins in October of each year. Early registration is available each semester for students who are enrolled in the current semester. Students are encouraged to register early to ensure the best selection of courses.

Students should schedule an appointment with their advisor for assistance with selecting appropriate courses for their degrees and registering for courses. Students can find their advisor information through their MyMAC account under the Registration tab.

Registration can be completed electronically through the Add/Drop course option on the Registration page.

A student may change his or her original class schedule by dropping, adding or withdrawing from classes.

Official transcripts must be requested by submitting the electronic request form here.

Transcripts sent to institutions of higher education participating in ETX (Electronic Transcript Exchange) with the National Student Clearinghouse will be sent electronically. Transcripts sent to receivers other than higher education institutions will be mailed United States Postal Service first class.

After receipt of your transcript request, normal processing takes 2-5 business days. Additional time is required at the end of the semester.

There is a $10.00 charge for each official transcript, payable at the time of the request. There is an additional $10.00 charge for rush processing. Rush processing only reduces the time in which we process but does not include expedited mail service. All mailed transcripts are sent via first class mail. Students choosing to have a transcript mailed to themselves or emailed will have an additional $1.75 charge.

Official transcript requests are those sent directly to an employer or another institution of higher education or to any third party on behalf of the student. If the student receives and opens the sealed envelope before the third party, it is no longer considered to be official. Transcripts sent directly to the student are marked “Issued to Student”.

Transcripts will not be released for students who have a hold on their account.

If you are picking up your transcript in person, please bring your photo ID to Student Services at the Park Hills campus.

MAC cannot release your transcript to anyone (parents, spouse, employer or friend) without your signed written consent. If you choose to have someone other than yourself (parent, spouse, employer, relative, friend) pick up your transcript for you, the student must provide us with signed, written instructions with the name of the person picking up your transcript and all of the information above. Along with your letter of instruction, that person will have to provide us with their own picture ID.

Click here for the Transfer Crosswalk.

Students who intend to transfer to one of the following schools can determine which of their courses are accepted by their new institution:

Transfer Equivalency Guidelines

  • Central Methodist University
  • Fontbonne University
  • Lindenwood University
  • Missouri Baptist University
  • Missouri State University
  • Missouri University of Science & Technology (Rolla)
  • Saint Louis University
  • Southeast Missouri State University
  • University of Missouri - Columbia
  • University of Missouri - St. Louis
  • WGU - Western Governors University


Mineral Area College offers four different ways to learn, also known as course modalities. Know the differences so you can make the best choice for your learning style!

You can find more information about each course modality here.


When a student must stop attendance in all classes or withdraw from the one and only class in which the student is enrolled, a Withdrawal/Exit Form must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office for processing.

Courses dropped during the first 12.5 percent of the semester are not entered on the student’s permanent record. After 12.5 percent of a semester has passed, the student may follow regular withdrawal procedures to drop any class up to the time that 75 percent of the term or semester is completed. Regardless of whether the student was passing or failing at the time, a “W” (Withdrawal) will be entered upon his/her record. Any drop completed after 75 percent of a term has passed will result in a grade of “F”. Students should refer to the current important dates calendar to determine the exact date when classes may still be dropped with a grade of “W”.

Students are expected to complete the courses for which they are registered. Failure to properly drop or withdraw from classes may result in the assignment of “F” grades for those classes, as well as possible financial obligation.

Students may obtain the Withdrawal/Exit form from the student services desk or at any outreach center.