Take the next step toward a successful future!

Small classes, conveniently located campuses and dedicated instructors make MAC a great place to earn your associate degree or certificate. And if a bachelor’s degree is your goal, you’ll find plenty of transferable credits for less than half of what you’d pay at a university.* 

It’s an affordable, quality education. And it’s close to home.

How To Apply

  • New Students (for all first time MAC students, including high school graduates who have only earned MAC credit while in high school): submit a New Student Application for admission. 
  • Returning Students (for any student who has previously attended MAC. This excludes students who have only earned MAC credit while in high school): submit a Returning Student Application for admission. 
  • High School Students (for any student wanting to take MAC dual credit or dual-enrollment classes while in high school): submit a High School - Dual-Enrollment application for admission. 

Applications are generally processed in 1-2 business days. You will be notified with letter through the USPS to the address listed on your application. It will contain login information for your student portal and email.

  • Official copies of
    • High school transcripts
      • High school seniors can be provisionally accepted based on a seventh semester transcript. A final transcript should be requested after graduation.
      • A final transcript should show grades, class rank, and date of graduation.
    • Home school proof of completion
      • A final transcript should show semester grades and date of graduation.
    • GED/HiSET scores
      • MAC is able to access Missouri GED/HiSET graduate information from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education once the application is received.
      • GED/HiSET graduates from other states should request their transcript from the respective state in which they completed the exam.
    • Non-MAC college transcripts
      • Students must contact each institution and have their transcript(s) mailed to the address below.

Official transcripts from previous institutions must be on file before the student is eligible to register for classes or attend orientation. Transcripts should arrive unopened to be considered official. The transcript must be in a sealed envelope from the respective high school, college, or university. 

Transcripts should be mailed directly from the respective institution to:
Mineral Area College
Office of Admissions
PO Box 1000
Park Hills, MO 63601

Mineral Area College requires students to take one of the following placement exams:

  • ACT -
    • Mineral Area College’s code is 023060.
    • ACT scores listed on high school transcripts are acceptable.

    • If you have taken the ACT test and it is not on your high school transcript, you may request additional copies from:
      ACT Records Department
      P.O. Box 451
      Iowa City, IA 52243-0451

  • Accuplacer - Schedule Testing 
    • For questions regarding the Accuplacer exam, contact the Assessment Office at 573-518-2202

Scores should be submitted to the Admissions Office.  Mineral Area College guides enrollment on the basis of placement tests.

Mineral Area College 
Office of Admissions 
PO Box 1000 
Park Hills, MO 63601



    • Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at
    • The code for Mineral Area College is 002486.
    • The priority deadline to complete the FAFSA is April 1.
    • Students should apply for aid at least six weeks before the semester in which they plan to attend.
  • How to Create an FSA ID Tutorial Video
  • How to Fill Out the FAFSA Video
  • Scholarships
    • MAC General Scholarship Application
    • Art Activities Scholarship
    • Music Scholarship
  • A+ Program
    • A+ Activation Form must be completed each semester in which a student plans to utilize A+ funds.
  • Student Loans

Late applications will be processed, but funds are limited and late applications may affect the amount of aid available to you.

If you plan to live on campus, fill out the Application for Residence and submit it to College Park along with a $200 deposit.

Information on College Park

Student ID/Password

  • Students may retrieve student ID and password information on the MyMAC page under the Login Information and Online Resources heading.
  • Students can access MyMAC at
  • For additional assistance, contact the HelpDesk at 573-518-3850 or email

College Park

Financial Aid

  • Assistance with completing your FAFSA, information on FSA ID, deadlines scholarship forms, FAQ, and additional financial aid information can be found at
  • For additional assistance, contact the Financial Aid department at

Advisors Will Help You Register for Classes

  • Log into MyMAC, click on the ‘Registration’ tab, and scroll down to the ‘My Advisor and Major’ heading to see your advisor’s name.
  • Use the blue link titled ‘Advisor Email’ to retrieve your advisor’s email address.

Veteran Benefits

Disability Support Services – Access Office

MAC Store

  • Rent or purchase your textbooks and get supplies with schedule.
  • Get your MAC student ID and MAC gear.
  • Order textbooks, merchandise, and get textbook buyback information at


  • Contact the Mineral Area College Registrar’s Office at (573) 518-2130 or 2204, or email

Watch this tutorial video for a step-by-step guide on Next Steps After Admission:

The Admissions Office at Mineral Area College is glad to answer any questions you may have about the admissions process.

Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday in Fall and Spring and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Summer.

Location: Technology Building - Student Services

Mineral Area College
Office of Admissions
PO Box 1000
Park Hills, MO 63601
Phone: 573-518-2228



>>Apply Now

*2022-23 MAC in-district tuition & fees vs. average of Missouri public university resident tuition & fees. Source: