Mineral Area College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- Institutional accreditation is vital as it demonstrates the College’s commitment to quality throughout all departments on campus including academics, administration, mission, and resources.
- MAC is currently on the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) Pathway. HLC announced in 2018 that the AQIP Pathway will be phased out. MAC was in year 7 of 8 of the AQIP cycle, the College will finish out the AQIP cycle in 2019-2020 before transitioning to another pathway.
Upcoming HLC Events
Comprehensive Quality Review-October 21 & 22, 2019
The College is preparing for a team of HLC peer reviewers to visit campus in the fall. The purpose of this review is to determine if MAC is meeting the Criteria of Accreditation.
As part of the review process, MAC will distribute a survey to currently enrolled degree-seeking students in the upcoming weeks. In addition, the College has started the process for Federal Compliance report.
The College is continuing to move forward on its action plan to address concerns from the Systems Feedback Report.
Recent HLC Events
Multi-Location Visit-March 18 & 19, 2019
MAC welcomed a HLC peer reviewer to its locations in Farmington, Fredericktown, and Potosi . The reviewer toured the facilities and spent time speaking to student groups, faculty members, and site directors.
The College received the feedback report on April 3. Based on his findings, the reviewer recommended no further review or monitoring at this time.
Systems Portfolio Feedback Report-December 7, 2018
MAC received its Systems Feedback report on December 7, 2018. After careful review, the administrative team created an action plan to address the strategic challenges identified by the review team.
Final Action Projects-September 24, 2018
MAC submitted its last three action projects for review and closure in the Action Project Network. Even though these projects are no longer required for AQIP, work on these projects will continue.
- Implementing Multiple Measures
- Improving Internal Communication
- Optimizing Course Scheduling
Systems Portfolio Submitted-September 7, 2018
After two years of intense work, the Portfolio was submitted on September 7, 2018. The completion of the Portfolio was celebrated at the All-Employee meeting on September 10.
The Portfolio was a campus-wide effort that included the following teams:
Category One: Leslie Evans and Jodi Dillon
Category Two: Lynne Wisdom and Roger McMillian
Category Three: Kathryn Neff and Laura Glasbrenner
Category Four: Pam Watkins and Alison Sheets
Category Five: Amy Henson and Shawn Young
Category Six: Diana Stuart and Steve Kurtz
The final version of the Systems Portfolio was put together by Vickie Morgan, Diana Stuart, Amy Henson, Leslie Evans, and Steve Kurtz.