Mask Requirement Being Lifted On Campus
Recently the CDC guidance has been updated to allow those who have been fully vaccinated to not wear masks or distance when indoors, except at large gatherings. MAC has consistently followed CDC guidelines from the start of the pandemic, and the result has been very few cases or disruptions to operations.
Effective May 24, we are lifting the mask mandate on our campus. Masks and distancing will only be recommended indoors for employees, students, and guests who are not fully vaccinated. If at any time you feel a mask is appropriate – whether you are vaccinated or not – please feel free to wear one.
We are grateful for CARES Act funds that continue to allow us to perform additional cleaning, improve air filtration, and consider other options to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Thank you to our students, staff, and guests for your cooperation during this past year. You have done a great job and deserve credit for keeping our campus safe!
Protect yourself and others
We encourage you to follow the CDC recommendations and use common-sense precautions to help prevent the spread of viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash, then wash hands or use sanitizer.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at your home or workplace.
For more information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)