Each TS program serves 562 students each year. These students must be in sixth through twelfth grades in participating school districts (see below), homeschooled students within the participating school districts, or an adult who wants to return to high school or college and lives in a participating school district. Any student can participate in TS but the program focus is on students whose parents do not have a four-year college degree and who meet federal income guidelines. Preference is given to students who fit both criteria, but others may be accepted based on their need for the program and available space.
TS 1 participating schools: Bismarck, Central, Farmington, Fredericktown, North County and West County
TS 2 participating schools: Arcadia Valley, Belleview, Kingston, Potosi, and Valley of Caledonia
Your TS Advisor will visit your school regularly during the school day for group workshops. The schedule for these visits will be coordinated through your school counselor. You will receive notice of the specific dates and locations of your meetings with your TS Advisor.
- TS students are eligible to receive a waiver for the application fee charged by colleges and universities.
- Information about specific colleges, universities and other postsecondary choices
- Assistance in selecting, applying to and enrolling in education programs after high school
- Contacts with college representatives
- TS students are eligible to receive a waiver to take the Accuplacer exam for free.
- Career exploration and planning
- Career interest inventories
- Information on specific careers
Financial Aid Information and Assistance
- Financial aid workshops for parents and students
- Individual information and assistance to students and their parents, preparing applications for grants, scholarships, college work programs and student loans
- Seniors will be eligible to apply for 1 of 2 Talent Search scholarships awarded each year.
- Decision making
- Goal setting
- Time management
Cultural Trips, College Tours, & Other Events
Mineral Area College
PO Box 1000
5270 Flat River Road
Park Hills, MO 63601
Phone: (573) 518-2380
Fax: (573) 518-3843
The TS offices are located in Rooms 100 & 101 of the Arts and Sciences Building on the Mineral Area College campus.
Office Hours (August 15 - May 15)
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Summer Office Hours (May 15 - August 15)
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Academic Advisors are not in the office during June and July.
James “Jake” Long
Office: (573) 518-2388
Office: (573) 518-2380
Office: (573) 518-2389
Cell: (573) 315-5921
TS 1 – Farmington High, North County Middle and High
TS 2 -Potosi High School and Valley Elementary and High School
Office: (573) 518-2392
Cell: (573) 218-2505
TS 1 – Lincoln Intermediate, Farmington Middle, Kelly A. Burlison Middle, and West Country Middle and High School
TS 2 – Arcadia Valley Middle and High School
Whitney Wolk Maddux
Office: (573) 518-2383
Cell: (573) 315-1003
TS 1 - Central Middle School and Fredericktown High
TS 2 - Trojan Intermediate and John Evans Middle School
Office: (573) 518-2382
Cell: (573) 315-1002
TS 1 - Bismarck, Central High School, and North County Intermediate
TS 2 – Belleview and Kingston