The following students are eligible to apply to the Upward Bound program:
- Students in 8th, 9th, or 10 grade in participating school districts.
- Potential first-generation college students (neither parent has a four-year college degree) or students whose families meet income guidelines as defined by the federal government.
- Upward Bound Application
- Link to Income Guidelines
- 2021 Recruitment Presentation
- Frequently Asked Questions about Upward Bound
To apply for Upward Bound at Mineral Area College you must be student from:
- Any St. Francois County School
- Arcadia Valley
To apply, talk to your high school counselor or call the Upward Bound office at (573) 518-2156.
Choosing a Good Road - High School Success
This book is used during Weekly Meetings to help students develop those skills that are essential for both high school and college success.
- Nine Solutions - The 9 effectiveness skills that increase student performance.
- Research that support this evidence-based success approach.
- Student Tools
If you would like to apply to college online, here are links to applications at some popular schools:
- Mineral Area College
- Truman State University
- Missouri State University
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Missouri Western State University
- University of Missouri - Columbia
- Lindenwood University
- Southeast Missouri State University
- College of the Ozarks
- University of Missouri Saint Louis
- Cash Course
- Scholarship Database
- April 2021 Newsletter
- March 2021 Newsletter
- February 2021 Newsletter
- January 2021 Newsletter
- December 2020 Newsletter
- November 2020 Newsletter
- October 2020 Newsletter
- September 2020 Newsletter
- April 2020 Newsletter
- March 2020 Newsletter
- February 2020 Newsletter
- January 2020 Newsletter
- December 2019 Newsletter
- November 2019 Newsletter
- October 2019 Newsletter
- September 2019 Newsletter
Summer Registration Night will be held May 27th. More info to come!
Summer 2021 Program Dates:
- June 7th to July 16th
- Summer trip July 13th to July 16th